The Graduate Student Organization (GSO) is dedicated to providing opportunities for community service and fostering social connections between graduate students. In addition, the GSO serves as a channel for graduate students to voice concerns, resolve difficulties and provide feedback on issues that directly affect graduate student life at Marquette University.
The GSO accomplishes this goal by:
- Actively representing graduate students by serving on several committees within the Graduate School and providing support for programs through members of the GSO council
- Advocating for changes that are important to graduate students
- Fostering inter-departmental cooperation and exchange
- Encouraging unity among the graduate students by providing social and service events for graduate students
- Improving the academic environment for graduate students by providing scholarly resources on campus
- Providing social events for graduate students
- Working with Campus Ministry to provide spiritual support for interested graduate students
All part-time and full-time graduate or professional students enrolled at Marquette University are automatic members of the GSO and membership is free.
For a listing of events and meetings, past meeting minutes, the GSO Constitution and the Graduate Student Rights and Responsibilities, visit the GSO website.