The Klingler College of Arts and Sciences is, by its very nature, the heart of Marquette University. We challenge students to explore many ways of understanding, doing and succeeding – regardless of the major they decide to pursue.
We recognize that our students are faced with both challenges and opportunities. To assist in the transition from high school to college, as well as along college and career paths, the college offers numerous resources ranging from individualized advising to academic support services to career exploration and development. These resources are designed to help students develop the knowledge and skills they need to succeed, as well as to introduce them to the faculty, advisers and staff throughout the college who are available to guide them pursue excellence through a liberal arts education.
Academic Success Workshops
The Klingler College of Arts and Sciences Advising Center sponsors a series of workshops to help first-year students achieve academic success. These workshops are offered every term and focus on such topics as stress management, major exploration, study skills, test-taking techniques and time management.
The Klingler College of Arts and Sciences Advising Center is run by a team of professional academic advisers committed to serving students and helping them achieve success. This center offers comprehensive assistance for students' development and is open five days a week, all year long. Students are assigned an adviser and receive service and support in a wide variety of ways. The advisers can assist students in choosing a major, determining career and academic goals, developing study skills, selecting courses and class schedule, referring them to other campus resources and preparing them for professional school.
Explore the Majors Fair
The Klingler College of Arts and Sciences Advising Center sponsors the annual “Explore the Majors” Fair to encourage and assist freshmen and sophomores who are undecided about their areas of study to explore the many majors and minors in the college. The “Explore the Majors” Fair provides an excellent opportunity for students to discuss majors and minors with faculty representatives, upperclassmen and alumni from every major area in the Klingler College of Arts and Sciences.
The writing center offers one-to-one tutoring to all Marquette students, staff and faculty on all kinds of writing projects, from first year English papers to graduate theses, from history papers to personal statements for law school. The center is staffed with a mix of graduate students who usually teach a section of ENGL 1001 Foundations in Rhetoric, as well as undergraduate peer tutors.
Student Organizations and Honors Societies
The Helen Way Klingler College of Arts and Sciences offers students a wide array of co-curricular opportunities to extend the value of their education. Student organizations and honor societies affiliated with the college and/or advised by one of our faculty members include:
- Air Force Power Booster Club
- African Students Association
- Anthropology Club
- Arabic Club
- Arnold Air Society (Professional Air Force ROTC Service Organization)
- Arts and Sciences Student Council
- Association for Computing Machinery Student Chapter
- Association of Social Welfare and Justice Students
- Black Student Council
- Chinese Culture and Charity Club
- Classical Fencing Society
- Criminology & Law Society
- Economics Association
- Gender Sexuality Alliance
- German Club
- Hillel Milwaukee
- Jeannette Kapus Silver Wings Chapter (Professional Organization Supporting the U.S. Air Force)
- Knights of Columbus
- Kuk Sool Won of Marquette
- Le Cercle Francais (French Club)
- Muslim Student Association
- Native American Student Association
- Navy Nurse Corps
- Philosophy Club
- Physics Club
- Pre-law Society
- Step Up!
- Students for Justice in Palestine
- Alpha Epsilon Delta (Pre-health Professions Honor Society)
- Alpha Kappa Delta (Sociology Honor Society)
- Delta Phi Alpha (German Honor Society)
- Eta Sigma Phi (Classics Honor Society)
- Phi Alpha Theta (History Honor Society)
- Phi Sigma Tau (Philosophy Honor Society)
- Pi Delta Phi (French Honor Society)
- Pi Gamma Mu (Social Sciences Honor Society)
- Pi Mu Epsilon (Mathematics Honor Society)
- Pi Sigma Alpha (Political Science Honor Society)
- Psi Chi (Psychology Honor Society)
- Sigma Delta Pi (Hispanic Honor Society)
- Sigma Iota Rho (International Affairs Honor Society)
- Sigma Tau Delta (English Honor Society)
- Theta Alpha Kappa (Theology Honor Society)
- Upsilon Pi Epsilon (International Honor Society for the Computing and Information Disciplines)