A degree of Bachelor of Science in Biomedical Engineering, Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering, Bachelor of Science in Construction Engineering, Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering, Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering or Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering may be conferred on students who successfully complete the curriculum prescribed for the degree, and who have satisfied the following requirements:
1. The Opus College of Engineering graduates students three times each year (May, August, and December).
2. Students who plan to graduate must apply for a degree through the submission of an Application for Graduation no later than the deadline posted in the Academic Calendar.
3. Graduation requirements include:
- Minimum of 130-134 earned credit hours, depending on the major chosen.
- Minimum of 60 Marquette credit hours are required to earn a Marquette undergraduate degree.
- The final 30 credits needed to complete a Marquette undergraduate degree must be earned as Marquette credits, unless those credits are earned in an approved study abroad program, or are earned as part of a written/contractual agreement with another institution, in which Marquette students participate during the final year of their degree program.
- A minimum of 32 upper-division Marquette credits are required to earn a Marquette undergraduate degree.
- A minimum of 15 Marquette credits in the major are required to earn a Marquette undergraduate degree.
- Minimum 2.000 GPA in all Marquette work. The BS in Biomedical Engineering requires a minimum 2.500 in all Marquette work. The Engineering Leadership concentration requires a minimum 2.800 in all Marquette work.
- Minimum 2.000 GPA in all Opus College of Engineering courses. The BS in Biomedical Engineering requires a minimum 2.500 in all Opus College of Engineering courses.
- The BS in Biomedical Engineering requires a minimum 2.500 GPA in all biomedical engineering major courses.
- Completion of all required courses and an approved elective program.
4. Students are cautioned to enter their last term with a clear understanding that they are satisfying all degree requirements. Students should view their Academic Advisement (AA) Graduation Checklist in CheckMarq. If any requirements appear as - Not Satisfied, the Engineering Academic Advising Center may be consulted to resolve any concerns.
5. All curricular modifications must be accompanied by approved Curriculum Substitution and/or Allowance Request forms, which are available through the Engineering Academic Advising Center website.
6. All degree requirements must be completed on schedule and according to deadlines established in the Academic Calendar. Incomplete grades and late exams delay graduation for at least one term.
7. A Senior Year Course Plan Review (SY-CPR) form should be completed by students and their department. Students should submit the form no later than May 1 in the year preceding their final year of their studies. Students are notified of the availability of the SY-CPR form via email notification to their Marquette email accounts. The reason for conducting the SY-CPR is to make sure students' program of study is on track and to allow for possible alterations to be made to the students' registration in a timely manner.
8. A final check of students' degree requirements is made by the students' departments and the director of Student Studies and Records during the last term and students are notified if they fail to meet any requirements. However, this may be too late to adjust the term course load.