Amount and Quality of Work
- A minimum total credit hours of 129.
- A minimum GPA of 2.000 must be earned in all courses taken at Marquette University.
- A minimum GPA of 2.000 must be earned in all College of Business Administration courses taken at Marquette University (2.500 for accounting majors). A grade of C or higher must be earned in each of a student’s major courses including the core courses introducing the major. For international business majors, a grade of C or better must be earned in required language courses beyond either 2002 or 2003.
- At least one International Business elective must be completed.
- At least 60 percent of the business credit hours required for the business degree must be taken at Marquette University.
- On occasion, seniors are required to take a comprehensive examination testing their grasp of the concepts, principles and relations covered in the core business courses. A similar test might be given in any one of the majors.
- If students have 129 or more credits, an overall GPA of 2.000 or higher (2.500 for accounting majors); however, do not achieve a C or better in each of their major courses including the core course introducing the major, students are conferred a B.S. in Business Administration degree with a major in general business. If students meet the overall and college minimum GPA and complete enough credits, but while attempting two or more majors, achieve a C or better in all courses for one major but not in another major, students are conferred a B.S. in Business Administration degree with a major in the former but not the latter.
- It is the candidate’s responsibility to meet all university academic, financial and administrative requirements and procedures as outlined elsewhere in this bulletin, including the University Graduation Policy and the University Commencement Policy.