A degree of Bachelor of Science in Biomedical Engineering, Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering, Bachelor of Science in Construction Engineering, Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering, Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering or Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering may be conferred on students who successfully complete the curriculum prescribed for the degree, and who have satisfied the following requirements:
1. The Opus College of Engineering graduates students three times each year (May, August, and December).
2. Students who plan to graduate must apply for a degree through the submission of an Application for Graduation no later than the deadline posted in the Academic Calendar.
3. Graduation requirements include:
- Minimum of 131-135 earned credit hours, depending on the major chosen.
- Minimum of 60 Marquette credit hours are required to earn a Marquette undergraduate degree.
- The final 30 credits needed to complete a Marquette undergraduate degree must be earned as Marquette credits, unless those credits are earned in an approved study abroad program.
- A minimum of 32 upper-division Marquette credits are required to earn a Marquette undergraduate degree.
- A minimum of 15 Marquette credits in the major are required to earn a Marquette undergraduate degree.
- Minimum 2.000 GPA in all Marquette work.
- Minimum 2.000 GPA in all Opus College of Engineering courses.
- Completion of all required courses and an approved elective program.
4. Students are cautioned to enter their last term with a clear understanding that they are satisfying all degree requirements. Students should view their Academic Advisement (AA) Graduation Checklist in CheckMarq. If any requirements appear to as - Not Satisfied, the Engineering Academic Advising Center may be consulted to resolve any concerns.
5. All curricular modifications must be accompanied by approved Curriculum Substitution and/or Allowance Request forms, which are available through the Engineering Academic Advising Center website.
6. All degree requirements must be completed on schedule and according to deadlines established in the Academic Calendar. Incomplete grades and late exams will delay graduation for at least one term.
7. A Senior Year Course Plan Review (SY-CPR) form should be completed by the student and his/her department. Students shall submit the form no later than May 1 in the year preceding their final year of their studies. Forms are available through the Engineering Academic Advising Center website. Its intention is to make sure the student’s program of study is on track and to allow for possible alterations to be made to the student’s registration in a timely manner.
8. Students are cautioned against failure in the senior semester. Failure to meet any degree requirement will delay graduation for at least one term.
9. A final check of each student’s degree requirements will be made by the student’s department and the Director of Student Studies and Records during their last semester and the students will be notified if they fail to meet any requirements. However, this may be too late to adjust semester course loads.