Amount and Quality of Work
- A minimum total credit hours of 129.
- A minimum GPA of 2.000 must be earned in all courses taken at Marquette University.
- A minimum GPA of 2.000 must be earned in all College of Business Administration courses taken at Marquette University (2.500 for accounting majors). A grade of C or higher must be earned in each of a student’s major courses including the core courses introducing the major. For international business majors, a grade of C or better must be earned in required language courses beyond either 2002 or 2003.
- At least one International Business elective must be completed.
- At least 60 percent of the business credit hours required for the business degree must be taken at Marquette University.
- On occasion, seniors are required to take a comprehensive examination testing their grasp of the concepts, principles, and relations covered in the core business courses. A similar test might be given in any one of the majors.
- If a student has 129 or more credits, has an overall GPA of 2.000 or higher, has an overall college GPA of 2.000 or higher (2.500 for accounting majors), but does not achieve a C or better in each of their major courses including the core course introducing the major, the student is conferred a B.S. in Business Administration degree with a major in general business. If the student meets the overall and college minimum GPA and completes enough credits, but while attempting two or more majors, achieves a C or better in all courses for one major but not in another major, the student is conferred a B.S. in Business Administration degree with a major in the former but not the latter.
- It is the candidate’s responsibility to meet all university academic, financial and administrative requirements and procedures as outlined elsewhere in this bulletin, including the University Graduation Policy and the University Commencement Policy.