The Department of Biomedical Engineering is instituting a new set of GPA requirements for all majors in the department. The new GPA requirements will be as follows: All students enrolled in the Biomedical Engineering program will be required to maintain a minimum 2.500 GPA in all Marquette courses, minimum 2.500 GPA in all Opus College of Engineering courses, and a minimum 2.500 GPA in all Department of Biomedical Engineering courses.
These new requirements exceed the GPA requirements established by the Opus College of Engineering and are intended to:
• strengthen the degree program by ensuring that graduates from the biomedical engineering program have demonstrated a breadth of technical proficiency commensurate with an engineering degree.
• help identify (at a programmatic level) students early in their degree program who require additional academic support.
Here is the proposed wording for the Bulletin:
(NEW Tab) “Degree Requirements”
All students must comply with the Opus College of Engineering graduation requirements. Candidates for a degree must also earn at least the minimum number of credits listed in the curriculum for their respective major (134 credits for Bioelectronics and Biomechanics and 135 credits for Biomechanics) and maintain,
• Minimum 2.500 GPA in all Marquette courses
• Minimum 2.500 GPA in all Opus College of Engineering courses
• Minimum 2.500 GPA in all Department of Biomedical Engineering courses